The LEPH2018 Conference in a nutshell
- Health states and outcomes vary directly with social class – the lower down the social class ladder, the worse your health.
- It is also the case that there is the same relationship with access to justice – the lower class you are, the less access you have to justice.
- These situations get worse the greater income inequalities are in a community
- The two are inextricably linked, so the same communities that have the worst health outcomes also have poorest access to justice
- Therefore – it makes no sense to try to deal with health issues without also dealing with justice issues, and vice versa.
…which is the whole point of the LEPH2018 Conference and the whole LEPH initiative.