LEPH2018 (‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’) is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and all other relevant privacy protection and data security legislation applicable in Australia.
This Policy sets out how we collect, store, dispose of and otherwise deal with personal information we may hold about you.
- only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for us to operate our business and/or to perform our functions and activities;
- act fairly, reasonably and in accordance with all applicable laws when we collect personal information;
- take reasonable steps to ensure that you are informed of who we are and how we use any of your personal information;
- so far as practicable, collect your personal information directly from you, however, in some circumstances, we may need to source personal information about you from third parties;
- take reasonable steps to ensure that you are informed where we have collected your personal information from a third party;
- only disclose your personal information with your consent or where such disclosure is consistent with your expectations or is in the public interest;
- take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is recorded accurately;
- correct any information which is demonstrated to be incorrect;
- keep your personal information secure;
- take reasonable steps to ensure your privacy is maintained where we supply your personal information to third parties; and
- only obtain, use and disclose sensitive information about you where it is necessary to provide you with a product or service, you have given your consent, or where we are legally required to do so.
Collection of your personal information
Most of the personal information we collect about you will be collected directly from you.
Types of information we may hold
The types of personal information that we may hold about you include:
- your name, age, date of birth, place of employment and contact details;
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers (if you provide this information to us, for example, to make a donation or to pay to attend a conference); and
- photographs of you (if you are a speaker or participant at one of our seminars, conferences or activities).
By submitting content through this site or otherwise to us submitters warrant that such material is original and their own and they grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive right to use such content in such a manner as we see fit including, but not limited to, publishing, storing, reproducing, merging and altering such material. Any content submitted by users may not represent our views or opinions or those of our officers, employees, agents or contractors and may not have been verified or reviewed by us. We nor any of our officers, employees, agents or contractors is responsible for any content on this site which has been provided by third parties except to the extent we are the owner of such information.
Use and disclosure
The main reason we collect your personal information is to enable us to operate our business and to perform our functions and activities. By doing any of the following:
- working for us in a paid or unpaid capacity;
- attending any of our activities, seminars, conferences or meetings at any location or enquiring about doing so;
- contracting or sub-contracting for us or attempting to do so; or
- donating or otherwise financially contributing to us or attempting to do so, you consent to any personal information we collect about you being used and disclosed for this purpose, which includes but is not limited to, the following use and disclosure:
- our internal operations such as administration, strategic development, accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing, staff training and compliance monitoring;
- assistance with the use, promotion and delivery of seminars, conferences, products and services we and/or our affiliates provide or are investigating providing;
- considering your request for a service or product;
- ensuring we comply with legislative and regulatory requirements, or for preventing or investigating crime or fraud and providing information to regulatory bodies, government authorities and law enforcement bodies as required; and
- helping us develop, establish and administer arrangements with other organisations in relation to the administration the use, promotion and delivery of seminars, conferences, products and/or services delivered by us and/or our affiliates.
We may disclose your personal information to any person who carries out functions for us or to other organisations with whom we may have arrangements for the purpose of promoting or marketing our products and services or the administration of such products and services such as regulators, government bodies, local authorities, stakeholder groups, landlords, insurers, finance providers and auditors.
The terms of our arrangements with such persons will, where applicable, appropriate and possible, include appropriate confidentiality and privacy obligations.
If you do not provide the personal information requested, or do not consent to its use and disclosure as described above, this may affect our ability to provide seminars, conferences , products and services to you or to accept products and/or services supplied by you.
Access and Correction
You may request access to any of your personal information that we hold by writing to us at the following address: The Privacy Officer, email@example.com.
Subject to any legal requirements, we may charge you a fee for obtaining access to your personal information. This fee will not exceed that prescribed by legislation (if any).
Where it has been demonstrated that your personal information is incorrect, we will take all reasonable steps necessary to correct your personal information.
You may supply us with information about another person. By supplying this information, you warrant that you have obtained their permission to give us the information and that you have provided that person with information about this Policy.
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that personal information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. It is your responsibility to advise us of any changes to your personal details and to remove, or request the removal of, any vehicle listing which is obsolete or incorrect.
When data containing personal information is no longer required to be maintained – that is for the purpose for which it was collected or for meeting legal requirements – we destroy it.
This Policy does not apply to our treatment of employee records. Such records are exempt from the operation of the Privacy Act and are covered by a separate Policy.
Enquiries and Complaints
If you have any enquiries or complaints regarding the handling of your personal information, you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attention all such correspondence to the Privacy Officer.
Our privacy officer is charged with handling any enquiries or complaints received; he or she will endeavour to respond to as quickly as possible which will normally be within 14 days of receipt.